Back in early 2020, we registered a domain for a product dealership company, representing a major brand in Malaysia.
Our SEO efforts included the following:
- Building a new website.
- Technical SEO and necessary elements- site speed, UX, call-to-action button placements, optimization for all devices, etc.
- Competitor research.
- Keyword research plus content gap analysis.
- Layered the existing content by including important transactional keywords.
- Padding the website with SEO-structured content based on thorough keyword research and competitor analysis.
- Created an effective blog sales funnel.
- Improving the internal linking structure between important service pages.
- Updating the metadata for all pages.
- Sweet spot analysis to identify the low hanging fruit.
The client’s site was ranked even higher than the principal Malaysian website. Tons of non-branded keywords got indexed and ranked for top SERP positions.
And it didn’t stop at that.
The client got multiple leads and had a whooping growth in their annual sales.
End of the story? NO.
The management eventually stopped our SEO services and got a freelancer to “maintain” the website.
Well, the last we checked, the site is completely de-indexed from Google and has never recovered ever since. We learned that the freelancer built toxic backlinks to the website and earned a Google Penalty.
A story that could easily be a superhit ended up in a flop!
Moral of the story: Only trust professionals to do the job and don’t be penny-wise and pound-foolish.
Invest in professional SEO services. It’s worth your money!
Looking for a reputed SEO Malaysia company? Contact us now.