This case study showcases an interesting success story of a client, PolyWatch Malaysia, who saw a good surge in targeted product sales within two months of implementing SEO strategies.
The client hosts an ecommerce site for branded watches. We started in December 2022 with detailed discussions on sales objectives and short/long-term goals.
We began by focusing on a number of targeted products and the brands that offered them good profit margins. Next, our SEO audits helped us shortlist the priority pages, which, if well-optimized, could bring immediate results in terms of traffic and revenues.
In line with our client’s objectives, we honed-in on a specific brand with maximum profit margins. However, we also realized that the task was not really an easy one. The products under the said brand were at the higher end in terms of cost, and the target market for these was limited.
This meant that our strategies needed to be tweaked to selectively capture prospective customers.
What we did
- Competitor analysis to pick strong keywords that other similar platforms were ranking for.
- Keyword research to identify the primary and secondary phrases for each brand.
- On-page optimization of the category page and target products under each. The title tags and headers were carefully crafted to showcase the site’s USPs and brand features.
- Layered the pages with intent-based content that catered to Google’s ‘helpful content update.’ Meaningful content was added to the shortlisted pages to ensure that it focused on the search intent with the ‘customer first‘ rather than ‘SERP (search engine result page) first‘ approach.
- Image optimization by adding keyword variations in Alt tags.
- A quick check to rectify any technical SEO flaws.
- Creating a strategic layout for internal linking to allow the strategic flow of SEO juice to the key pages.
The following are our results for one of our client’s target product pages:
- The clicks increased by +111.5%.
- The impressions increased by +151.6%.
- Various high-value money keywords for the product are now ranking on Page 1 of Google.
The best part- there has been a huge surge in orders for the client’s target model, resulting in significant revenue growth. This success is a testament to the power of SEO in driving sales and growth for businesses of all sizes!
For more SEO case studies, check out: www.growth.pro/seo-case-study