We recently discussed a case study for one of our Malaysian clients that runs a website for alcoholic beverages.
Here are some numbers to show how the site is totally dominating the Google SERP (Search Engine Result Page) for relevant long-tail and root primary keywords.
Before we tell you how we did it, check out these results we managed to achieve:
- Ranking on the 1st Page for about 40,000 keywords. Out of these, 20,000 are in the top three positions, and the remaining are between positions 4 and 6.
- All the keywords ranking on Page 1 are single-word ROOT keywords (like vodka, gin, whisky, etc.) that are hyper competitive and have high difficulty to rank for.
- Today, the site is completely monopolising the target market for the most sought-after keywords in this category!
How we did it?
As mentioned earlier, our biggest challenge initially was to rank for non-branded keywords while competing with industry giants.
Some strategies that helped us achieve this were:
- Managing the technical SEO aspects (audits, fixing duplicate and broken pages, on-page optimization).
- Identifying and boosting power pages through sweet spot analysis.
- Building authority in the niche by creating SEO-structured blog content and topical clusters to focus on both- root as well as long tail keywords.
- Optimizing existing content for featured snippets, FAQs, etc.
- Layering product pages with intent-based information.
For more case studies, visit us at https://www.growth.pro/seo-case-study.