Our client is an ecommerce website for home utility products. We started SEO work for them in November 2022 and quickly identified a few important category/product pages as “low-hanging fruits” to work on.
This case study shows the work for one particular category page, which showed a good increase in revenues almost immediately.
Our website audit showed many glaring issues that needed quick fixes. These included:
- On-page optimization did not focus on the right keywords.
- Unorganised H tags.
- Broken backlinks.
- Slow page loading speed.
- Poor mobile responsiveness.
- Content on the target category pages did not cater to the search intent.
Here’s what we did to get the ball rolling:
- Reworked on-page optimization for the chosen category page with intent-based keywords and the client’s USP (Unique Selling Proposition).
- Thorough keyword research to identify the most searched industry keywords for the category.
- Competitor analysis to identify gaps and opportunities for the page.
- Implemented content layering strategy to add value to help Google understand it better. This was done by adding fresh and relevant content and organizing them under strategically chosen headers.
- Fixed broken backlinks on the page.
- Improved UX (User Experience) by rectifying loading speed and mobile usability.
- After a month of implementing the SEO fixes, the page showed an increase of 50% in impressions– from 116k to 173k.
- The clicks increased by 26% – from 12.1k to 15.2k.
- A substantial increase in sales and revenues for the products in the category.
Overall, our quick-fix strategies successfully boosted the impressions for the most important category page on the website, thereby increasing the organic traffic and revenue.
For more case studies, visit us at https://www.growth.pro/seo-case-study