Our client is an ecommerce website for home utility products. We started SEO work for them in November 2022 and quickly identified a few important category/product pages as “low-hanging fruits” to work on.
This case study shows the work for one particular category page, which showed a good increase in revenues almost immediately.
Our website audit showed many glaring issues that needed quick fixes. These included:
- On-page optimization did not focus on the right keywords.
- Unorganised H tags.
- Broken backlinks.
- Slow page loading speed.
- Poor mobile responsiveness.
- Content on the target category pages did not cater to the search intent.
Here’s what we did to get the ball rolling:
- Reworked on-page optimization for the chosen category page with intent-based keywords and the client’s USP (Unique Selling Proposition).
- Thorough keyword research to identify the most searched industry keywords for the category.
- Competitor analysis to identify gaps and opportunities for the page.
- Implemented content layering strategy to add value to help Google understand it better. This was done by adding fresh and relevant content and organizing them under strategically chosen headers.
- Fixed broken backlinks on the page.
- Improved UX (User Experience) by rectifying loading speed and mobile usability.
- After a month of implementing the SEO fixes, the page showed an increase of 50% in impressions– from 116k to 173k.
- The clicks increased by 26% – from 12.1k to 15.2k.
- A substantial increase in sales and revenues for the products in the category.
Overall, our quick-fix strategies successfully boosted the impressions for the most important category page on the website, thereby increasing the organic traffic and revenue.
For more ecommerce SEO case studies, visit us at https://www.growth.pro/seo-case-study