In April 2020, we started working for our client, an online pet food store in Singapore.
Like many local businesses, they started with a “.sg” domain.
It is true that using a local domain extension helps target the audience in a particular country. However, it is not what you should go for if you want your business to reach and interact with a global audience.
And our client wanted global expansion.
We, therefore, chose to change the domain to a “.com” aka global domain and helped them to migrate their existing domain equity to the new one.
Let’s tell you this – there were multiple roadblocks that we faced!
Since the online store was on the Shopify platform, it did not allow us much flexibility in terms of optimizing the site. This included sitemap generation and clean up which could not be done by default.
The limitations prompted us to focus on other SEO levers, such as building content, site authority, etc.
However, being a brand new site, it lacked content and authority. And we discussed with our client on the efforts that it needed and the time it would take.
What did we do?
We’ve come a long way since then, from a domain authority of ‘zero (0)’ in April 2020 to 11 out of 100 presently.
From April to August 2021, these are some of the improvements we made that provided growth in the number of total impressions and clicks:
- Advised the client to have their articles reviewed by a nutritional advisor and added his profile as one of the category pages. This helped to improve the EAT (expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness) of the site tremendously.
- Included FAQ into various product pages which helped to increase content on the product pages, improve product page ranking, and help increase conversion by answering concerns of potential buyers.
- Worked on keyword research for product & collection pages to help improve their organic performance and rank for relevant keywords.
- Improved user experience (UX) on the product category pages for user-friendly product views to enhance the conversion rate.
- Continuous content creation to help rank for non-branded keywords that help boost their brand visibility on the search result page.
- Optimize their GMB (Google My Business) listing by uploading pictures every week with captions containing keywords to improve local presence.
Check out the growth in impressions and clicks from April 2021 till date!
In addition, our steady efforts for a year were rewarded with the following:
- 56.8% of organic users.
- 38.5% in organic transactions (purchases from organic users).
- 23.9% in impressions.
- 57.5% in clicks (how often people click on our page in search result page)
- 10.22% in site CTR.
- Improvement by 19% in average position, whereby all their keywords are improving in their ranking on the search results page.
And the icing on the cake?
The total sales transaction (38.5%) and revenue (43%) from the organic search have increased too.
SEO is not always about immediate wins. With multiple challenges involved, it does take consistent efforts over a period of time for a site to start showing results. But once you’ve gained traction, there’s no stopping.
We made sure to discuss it at the beginning of our client’s SEO journey. Today, they’re winning and continuing to put their trust in our SEO team!
For more SEO case studies, visit us at https://www.growth.pro/blog.