Our client is a Malaysian eCommerce website for alcoholic beverages. While they were ranking for some branded keywords, the goal was to get Google’s love for non-branded ones.
The SEO project was kickstarted in September 2020. We knew that the market was flooded with industry giants, and we had some strong competition lined up on our path.
Not an easy job since the website was new and lacked authority and content.
A step-wise strategy was created for the upcoming months.
While quick-win fixes were done in the first two months of onboarding, smart strategies were continually implemented for a year. These included:
- Conducting detailed SEO audits.
- Managing technical issues to improve overall SEO health and score.
- Fixing duplicate and broken pages.
- On-page optimization for product pages to rank for high-intent keywords.
- Creating SEO-structured blog content to rank for informational keywords and to build authority in the niche.
- Optimizing the content for review snippets, featured snippets, and FAQs.
- Sweet spot analysis to identify the power pages and boost them further on the SERP.
- Layered additional content on product pages.
- Restructured product/category pages to be more SEO-optimized.
Slowly but surely, Google started to give more attention to the site.
We saw a significant jump in organic traffic: from 16,111 per month in September 2020 to 56,456 per month in September 2021.
The year 2021 continued to show consistent growth, and come 2022, the monthly traffic grew to 111,700, which is almost 200% growth!
And that’s not all! The number of organic keywords ranking at the top position grew from 7,954 in 2020 to about 23,150 in 2022.
The icing on the cake
While the client was earlier relying on sales generated from branded traffic, our SEO efforts helped them create consistent conversions that came purely through organic traffic.
We keep talking about the compounding effects of SEO, and this case study is a perfect example!
For more case studies, visit us at https://www.growth.pro/seo-case-study.