This report is an update to our previous case study for a Singapore-based ecommerce site selling baby shoes.
We started working with them in November 2021 and overcame the initial challenges of strong local competition and not getting enough non-branded traffic.
The site did well and showed an 80% increase in organic traffic in three consecutive months.
To be honest, we had expected the growth curve to continue at a steady pace. But as they say, the SEO world is fairly unpredictable.
New challenges and strategies
Google rolled out the ‘Product Review Update’ in early March 2022. That’s when we unexpectedly hit a plateau that continued till about the end of April 2022.
A step-wise strategy was created for the upcoming months. These included:
- Restructuring product/category pages to be more SEO-optimized.
- Sweet spot analysis to identify the new power pages to boost them on SERP(Search Engine Result Page).
- Layering additional intent-based content on product pages.
- Optimizing the content for review snippets, featured snippets, and FAQs.
- Including the latest product images based on user intent and linking them to appropriate transactional pages.
- Layering existing content with the latest market updates to make it useful for the searchers.
- Creating more SEO-structured blog content to rank for informational keywords.
Here are the changes (from the end of March 2022 to Oct 2022) we observed since our last post:
- Total impressions grew from 18.6K to 1.31M.
- Total clicks saw growth from a meagre 441 to 38.5K presently.
The site has since been ranking for a large number of informational non-branded keywords.
The best part- Google recognized our SEO efforts, and the site continued to grow through the ‘May Core Algorithm Update’ and some others that followed.
For more case studies, visit us at https://www.growth.pro/seo-case-study